Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Copenhagen Day 2

The second full day I was in Copenhagen was lovely as well. Did you read about my first day? It was a little cloudy and colder this day but I was so loving the chillier weather. I still had my bike rental from the day before until about 4pm this day so I decided that the first thing I wanted to do was bike to the Norrebro district. I heard that there was some amazing street art and murals there and also a really cool park. I was not disappointed. On the way there I stopped to grab a donut for breakfast at The Donut Shop.
Once I made it to the Norrebro District I started scoping out the good murals. There is a really cool one by Cafe Lille Petter and just around the corner is another one. See both above. I then made my way over to Superliken park which is seriously a skateboarders dream! Clark would have loved it! Although if he was here with me he would have been very sad he didn't have a skateboard with him. It was also very colorful and modern. It is big to, I think it spans over like 3 blocks.
After visiting Norrebro I biked back down toward Indre By (the main downtown area.) I stopped to take some photos of the Palads theater it is just a movie theater but it is so bright and colorful. I also went inside the Axelborg building, there is a very cool spiral staircase inside and you can look up and see all the floors. I also biked along the river for a while and saw some people peddling boats that looked like swans and then there was a bunch of actual swans that children were feeding bread to.
I then went searching for the bakery Skt Peters Bakery which people say is the best bakery in Copenhagen and it did not disappoint! So yummy. I got the cinnamon roll with extra white sugar on top and it was one of the best cinnamon rolls I have ever had. At this point I didn't have my bike for much longer but I knew I wanted to go to the Christianshavn area. So I biked there and I stopped at the cool pedestrian bridge, Circle Bridge, and then I biked along the Christianshavn canal. The colors in Copenhagen are really pretty. They know how to do bright beautiful row houses. Even better than Amsterdam! Which is saying something I think. 
I went back to my hostel for a little while and rested and I also turned in my bike rental. Then in the evening I went to find some food and came across a place called Barburrito. It is a little hole in the way place with really good mexican tacos! I had the chicken tacos and they were so yummy also they service was really fast. I then stopped at Rajissimo which has gelato, churros, waffles on a stick, and soft serve ice cream and I was actually going to get some vanilla soft serve but there machine was broke (what is this McDonalds) but it was probably the best thing to happen because instead I got a waffle on a stick covered in chocolate and nuts and it was seriously so good. I just needed a big glass of milk to go with it haha. Also, did you know Lego was invented in Denmark? 
So yeah those were my days in Copenhagen. The next morning I slept in until about 930 and then headed to the train station to go back to the airport. I am going to be doing a Copenhagen Travel Guide so I can put all the food, places, and recommendations in one post. 
love, Carlee

2 comments:

  1. seeing all your posts makes me really want to go!!!
    what is the hotel situation out there like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I looked into the hotels they all were rather expensive and since I was by myself I couldn't really justify it. So I stayed at the Copenhagen Downtown Hostel it was my first time staying at a hostel and my first time really traveling solo and I felt totally safe and comfortable at the hostel and it was in a good location.

      Delete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee