Friday, May 18, 2018

'49er Days

Do you guys know about Winthrop, WA? It is a cute little town up the Methow Valley in eastern Washington. All the buildings have to stay looking like an old western town. They have to get the signs and architecture approved by the city before people built anything because they want a nice and cohesive look. It is really fun. It is just an hour from my hometown and my mom actually owns a commercial building up there so she goes up about once a week. When I was a kid we used to drive through it every time we would visit my grandma on the coast. We would always stop and get ice cream at Sherri's and I am happy to say that Sherri's is still there and just as good as I remember in my childhood. Nostalgia.

There is a town celebration every year called 49er Days to celebrate the heritage of the people of Winthrop, WA. The first part it they do a trail ride that last several days and ends in Winthrop so these photos are from the day they made it to Winthrop and road through town before camping for the night. All the locals lined the streets to wave to the cowboys and girls that rode passed.




I loved seeing all the people and they looked like they were having the best time. I think that is the coolest part of the whole experience, it was just a big community experience even the people that weren't on the trail ride they were involved by getting to see and enjoy all the horses and wagons come through down.
love, Carlee

22/50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee