Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Fez and Chefchaouen, Morocco

Both cities were lovely and quite different. Fez was busy and bustling and felt like an authentic Moroccan city! We had a tour guide to walk us around the Médina and we got to see all the cool shops and how people make silk scarves by hand and of course tan the leather. We got to see the oldest university in the world and a mosque where both men and women can pray together. (Usually only men can enter the Mosques.)


The locals were buying food and other goods. They were going to prayer. Where donkeys passed us in the walkways hauling garbage or luggage or other goods (no cars allowed in the Médina.) There was amazing architecture and wonderful food!




Chefchaouen was a little more touristy. The spaces were more open and lots of people spoke English. It also rained and was cold when we were in The Blue Pearl so there wasn’t as many people about. I had the best lamb tajine in Fez and again in Chefchaouen. One of the tastiest things I have ever eaten! 

Also so many kitties in the cities! Clark and I made a “song”...

Countryside’s are for the doggos
And cities are for the kitties




Love, Carlee

PS. And yes I know we went to Morocco in November and here I am posting about it in January. I honestly was kinda like maybe I don’t post about it at all but not because I didn’t enjoy it we LOVED Morocco but just because I have so many photos from it then it gets overwhelming but hey here I am with a post. Maybe in 2 more months I will post again about this trip… who knows. haha.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee