Thursday, January 31, 2019

When Breath Becomes Air: Paul Kalanithi

First book of 2019! My goal is to read 10 books this year so yay for 1/10.

This book was great. It seemed a little unfinished because in a very real way it was. It talks about death and life and what makes life worth living. How to continue living when death is more "real" and less of an abstract future idea.

It is a true story written by the protagonist about a nuerosergon who is in his last year of residency and almost going to become a full-time doctor after about 10 years of schooling and training. He then learned that he has lung cancer at about 35. He questions what to do and what he wants and how to continue when death is a certainty but you still don't know when that death will come. Not knowing when death will come is the same for everyone but after getting a terminal illness diagnosis it is very different how death is thought about. It was a good read, it was pretty easy and quick. I would recommend it.
love, Carlee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee