Monday, July 9, 2018

Armação de Pêra

While on the Algarve coast we stayed in the town of Armação de Pêra at the Holiday Inn on the beach. I chose the Holiday Inn because I wanted a hotel on the beach, with a pool, gym, and located within walking distance to shops and restaurants. It was a good choice. We enjoyed our time in this town but I will say that it did seem like a sleepy little beach town meant for the older crowd. I would say over 65% of the people staying at our hotel were over 60 which was totally fine for us because we aren't big partiers but if you are looking for nightlife and to meet locals than this town and hotel is probably not for you. The town of Albufeira about 25 minutes to the east seemed like more of a nightlife town with many bars and restaurants and more young people. We went to Albufiera to eat at a wonderful Mexican restaurant called Mi Sombrero. 



The first night we were on the coast there was the most amazing sunset. We had ice cream around 8pm at NICE CREAM and were waiting for it but it seemed like it was taking forever and I looked at my phone and the sun didn't set until like 9:30pm so we went back to the hotel and watched it from the beach. Also would totally recommend NICE CREAM we went there twice we liked it so much. I would recommend the M&M and the cheesecake. We also ate at the Chinese Restaurant Kam Kong the first night and it was great. I know it probably seems weird to eat Chinese food in Portugal but when we leave Italy anything other than Italian food is exciting and they place had great reviews and was showing the World Cup. 

Did I mention how much into the World Cup we got on this trip. We would put it on in our hotel room and specifically look for restaurants showing the game haha. I think we got so into it because everyone around us was so into it. It is fun to be apart of something with a giant group of people and European love their football (soccer). We also ate at Armacao Halal Pizza & Kebab one afternoon for lunch and it had excellent Kebabs. The last night we were in town we had pizza at Ristorante Pizzeria Piccolino and it was good as well. 




Okay, see the first photo after this paragraph of a cute dog? Well we saw this dog outside a store and he was looking at us and then Clark was like what is he looking at because he was staring so intently. We thought he must be looking at a bird or something right behind us because he didn't look away. We got closer to pet him and his tail started waging really hard and he was looking at me and then we got close and he smelled me and kind of whined when he realized I wasn't his mom. Saddest/ cutest thing ever! We walked by the store everyday to see if he was there again. 




We also went to this sand castle exhibit! It was these awesome statues and sculptures made out of sand. Although the sand they used did seem a little harder than normal beach sand but still the sculptures were awesome and the theme for the year was Hollywood so we enjoying seeing American movies, music, and icons made out of sand. 
love, Carlee
Shirt: Old Navy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee