Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Burano, Venice, Italy

Burano is a very colorful island about 40 minutes from the main city of Venice by water bus aka a boat. We took one afternoon and traveled there to check out the beautiful town and brightly painting houses. Since photos of this place have blown up on the Internet it was pretty busy. The bus out and back were both packed full and some people even had to stand for the 40 minute ride. When I first read about it people said it’s a nice quiet town away from the hustle and bustle of Venice. It was pretty busy though when we were there. It was still really beautiful but we were definitely not the only ones on the island.


I did enjoy looking at the souvenir shops on the island. The owners were very sweet and seemed a little more authentic with the goods that they were selling. I met the cutest Italian man in one store while buying something and ended up going back for something else. They also have lots of Murano glass from another little island. But you will also find it on the mainland of Venice. Another than a couple shops and gelato there isn’t a lot to do on the island so after about an hour we made our way back to the main city.





My favorite building was the purple one in my first photo. I also really liked the red and pink ones. I wonder how the people of the town and neighbors decided what color to paint their houses. Like what if you wanted to paint yours green but so did your neighbor! Haha first world problems. I think I also read somewhere that the town specifically did the brightly colored houses to attract more tourists! Well it worked haha

love, Carlee
Top: Thrifted
Shorts: NEX
Shoes: Adidas
Purse: JCPennys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee