Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Lisbon, Portugal

We flew in and out of Lisbon. We ended up spending two nights in Lisbon and I wish we had more time. For this trip I definitely don’t regret spending less time in Lisbon cause we got to see so many other cool places and things but Lisbon is definitely a city I could see myself returning to because it was wonderful and I don’t think I explored enough of it. We might of had enough time if we didn’t do the day tour to Sintra and Pena Palace but that was a must for me. Anyways back to Lisbon...




We stayed at the Hotel Expo Astoria and it was in a good location, right next to a main metro stop and the best little cafe that had great ham and cheese croissants in the morning. We got the 24 hour metro pass for Lisbon and if you are going to make 5 or more trips on the metro within 24 hours that is definitely the way to go. But a single ticket is pretty cheap to only 1.40 euro. There was also a great sushi place near our hotel called Sushi dos Sá Morais.




In Lisbon we explored the waterfront area and even took the train down to Belem and saw the beautiful monastery and tower and the Christopher Columbus monument. We also had the best time exploring the Elavador di Bica area and had maybe the best churros of our life at a little street vendor on that street. It was also popping with love music and beer and food and people dancing. We were there around 7pm but I think the later into the evening you get the more fun it is. We also ended up seeing another cute yellow trolley thing called Elevador di Gloria near the Hard Rock Cafe. We also got those egg tarts that Lisbon is famous for. I didn't really like mine but Clark enjoyed them. We learned later that the best ones are hot and fresh. Ours had been sitting a while so maybe that's why I didn't like them as much as I could have. 





And of course we had to check out the pink street of Lisbon. We also ate some great mexican food at the restaurant Las Ficheras near the pink street. During the day the area it’s totally fine but I think in the evening it can get a little lively. We also got a specific uber ride just to get cookies at Cookies Bakery. It was out of the way for sure but worth it! They were so good and we wish we had gotta some more. At first we weren't sure if we were in the right place because there wasn't much going on in the area but we found the bakery! Like I said I wish we had more time in Lisbon and in the future it is definitely a place I want to return to. 

love, Carlee
Outfit 1:
Shorts: NEX
Shirt: Forever 21
Shoes: Nike
Glasses: Firmoo

Outfit 2: 
Cardigan: Target
Dress: Old Navy
Shoes: Nike
Pursue: JCPennys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee