Saturday, July 21, 2018

The Couple Next Door: Shari Lapena

I haven’t read a full book in almost a year, since September 2017 :-/  I know I know that is awful. I have read for the last 9 months or so just textbooks for college and never one all the way threw. One of my goals this summer was to read one book just one book. I started The Couple Next Door on Tuesday and just finished this book this morning (Saturday)! It was a really good read and easy and exciting.

I was about 10 pages in when I thought this book seems too simple. Like there wasn’t big words or phrases everything was in very plain simple English. I googled the book and glanced quickly at the reviews and the book had pretty good reviews so I kept reading. I don’t know why I just assumed for a book to be good it needs to have complicated / fancy language and words. Its better when the words are clearly understandable and the story is a page turner!

And this one was great. The whole time I kept trying to figure out what exactly happened during the story which made me want to not put the book down. There are definitely twists and turns until the very last page. However some of the twists and turns seem a little too unbelievable maybe not unbelievable just like too many. Like how could another thing happen... you know. But still it was good and I would recommend it.

Now I am motivated to read another book! I forgot how fun reading is and how much I enjoy it.

love, Carlee 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee