Sunday, September 2, 2018

Cascata delle Marmore, Italy

This is an amazing man-made waterfall in Italy. It was made my the Romans actually to provide water for their aqueduct system. They release water from the dam up top twice a day and it flows the hardest right when it opens so make sure to get there at opening time. Also it is a long hike from top to bottom and back up so if you are gonna do that... we did...make sure you have plenty of time. It was totally worth it to see the waterfall from both the top and the bottom but oh man my legs were sore the next day it really is a long way. You legit start as the top of the waterfall and there are stairs next to it in the trees you can't see from the photos but yeah a work out. 


The waterfall is over 500ft tall which means that it is the tallest man-made waterfall in the world. I guess when they release water it also provides hydroelectric power for the area so that is cool. I know I say this with literally every single thing I post... but I would recommend going if you are in the area haha. I guess I try not to go to or post about places that I wouldn't recommend to people so I guess I can stop saying that all together on my blog... if I took the time to write a post and edit photos and post it on the internet then yeah I recommend it haha. 


As you can see the falls wasn't as full and flowing by the time we got to the bottom of it because by then it had been awhile and they had closed the damn up top. Also these photos were also taken way back in December of 2017. You know just like 9 months ago.. no big deal... haha
love, Carlee
Sweatshirt: Old Navy
Rain jacket: North Face

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee