Monday, September 10, 2018

The Green Mile: Stephen King

This is another book that I picked up at the thrift store because I recognized the title and of course the very popular author. I had never read the book or even seen the movie but I know it has rave reviews so I figure I would give it a chance. The book was great. I cried at the end. I would probably give it 8/10 stars. I like it and the writing was great but I guess I am not into the whole other worldly thing. Like the magic healing powers or in The Shining the telepathic mind reading. I guess I don't really believe in that so the book isn't as riveting to me. I know that it is fiction but I like plausible fiction like stuff that can actually happen and to me mind reading isn't realistic.

But all the same the book was great. The story was mostly set in 1932 at Cold Mountain penitentiary from the view of Paul Edgecomb. Sometimes the story would flip to what was the present (at the time of the book at least) and Paul was actually writing the story of what happened in 1932. Paul was in an old folks home and had a secret there as well. Toward the end of the book I could kind of tell what was going to happen in 1932 so I was more interested in what secret old man Paul Edgecomb had. 

This still book had some language and gory details it wasn't a horror novel by any means like King's usually work. 

Favorite Quotes: 
A lot of things don’t matter but it doesn’t keep a man from wondering about them - Paul Edgecomb 

A man with a good wife is the luckiest among God’s creatures. - Paul Edgecomb

Sometimes the embers are better than the campfire - Paul Edgecomb 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee