Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Castelluccio flower fields, Italy

I totally lucked out when I was playing on going to San Marino. I was looking for things to do on the way or around the area because I didn’t want to make a 5 hour trip for just one thing and I also didn’t want to just drive pass lots of area without looking into what that area of Italy has to offer. I found Castelluccio via Instagram. And I looked at where it was and it was one the way. I, of course, had to drive a little ways out of the way to see these fields but they were amazing and totally worth it. The area I drove through was actually hit really hard by the earthquake last year and there was towns there were completely ruined. Entire towns! It was very sad to see actually.



Driving there was a little windy and up and down hill. You actually go up this hill and then once you get to the top you come down and see all the flowers in the valley. I had to stop and take photos right away. Then about every 50 meters down the valley. It was so exciting so see all the beautiful colors red and blue! I even set up my tripod to take some photos of me because I was by myself. I felt like I was in the sound of music. And as you can tell I had fun frolicking around in the field haha.


I then drove through the town of Castelluccio which was unfortunately destroyed a little bit from the earthquakes as well. I think that the flowers fields are a major tourist attraction and I am sure that the people of the town are hurting because of the earthquake damage. I had to stop one more time on the other side of the town to take more pictures in the flowers.

I also accidentally drove on a closed road and thought I was gonna get in trouble but it was fine. Also probably a good thing because I would have had to drive around like 2 more hours but oh well that wasn’t the case. 
love, Carlee
Tank: thrifted
Pants: Flea Market
Shoes: Adidas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee