Sunday, August 5, 2018

Lecce, Italy

After the cave of poetry, we spend the rest of our day in Lecce. Taking a tour, walking around, eating pastries and gelato. I guess it is called the Florence of the south because of its architecture style. I can tell you one thing that it didn’t have in common with Florence is the hordes of tourist. Which is a good thing. It was said on our tour that just 10 years ago the city has been restoring the old buildings and I think in another 15-20 years more and more people with visit this area of Italy. If not only to try and get away from all the crowds in places like Florence and Venice and Rome. 

Quiet cities with cobblestone streets are a nice change of pace compared to the usual busy cities of Italy. We look a tour on the mini train which we had seen driving around. We got information from the tourist office in the city. I tried to look up info online but there was none. But the tour was one hour and cost 10 euro per person. You got an audio guide that went along with the stops. I think it was worth it to learn more about the city. Clark however fell asleep on the tour so he might have a different view of it. There are ruins of amphitheaters in the old city and amazing buildings and they even have their own Arc de Triumph. 



We had pastries from Caffe Alvino which was recommended to me but a local that I reached out to on Instagram. We got the local tradition pastries pasticciotti and rustico. I also had gelato at Crem - Maestri Gelatai Salentini it was pretty good but you can probably find better in the city. Can't seem to go to a European city without trying the ice cream they have to offer! 
love, Carlee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee