Friday, August 17, 2018

Helsinki Day 1

I left Naples super early and had a one hour layover in Munich before making it to Helsinki but the trip was actually really easy. I took the train from the airport into the city center and walked to my hostel which was The Yard Concept Hostel. I arrived around 1pm and check in wasn’t until 2pm so I waited around in the lobby and charged my phone and got so many good recommendations for the receptionist.

Once I got checked in and my stuff settled, I ventured out on bike. I used City Bike the Helsinki bike sharing service. If you have ever used a bike sharing service in a city than this one is just the same. Very easy to use and stations all over! I road down to the waterfront in search of ice cream and I was not disappointed. I had ice cream at Helsingin Jäätelötehdas and it was huge and delicious. On my way I found the prettiest street in the city! The buildings are gorgeously designed and the best colors. I totally love Finnish design now!



Next biked along the coast back up north to the beach and the cemetery and the parks to find the cutest little cafe called Cafe Regatta where I got the most yummy cinnamon roll. Your probably thinking what didn’t you just have ice cream... yeah but I also biked 3km (and got a little lost and sweated a bit too) between the ice cream shop and the cinnamon rolls shop so exercise! Let’s be real though even if there was no exercise I still would have eaten both! 


By that point I was very close to Sibelius monument by Eila Hiltunen and dedicated to the Finnish composer Jean Sibelius. It is in a park and a cool site. I hung out there for a while and tried to help a older Italian man fix his camera but we didn’t have any luck. By this point it was about 7pm and I was tired since I woke up at 3:30am so I made my way back to my hostel and rested for the rest of the evening. It was a great first day.

Shoes & Shorts: Nike
Shirt: Shop in Barcelona
Glasses: Firmoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee