Friday, August 31, 2018

Temple of Valadier & Urbino, Italy

This place is amazing! There is a whole cave system in this area that you can explore. I, of course, got lost and had to go down some back roads even on some roads that weren’t paved! I don’t think the gps directions were very up to date for this area. Anyways I made it to the general area and had to pull over and ask a really nice lady were to find the Sanctuary of Santa Maria or the Temple of Valadier near Genga, Italy. She was very helpful. Basically it is where google maps says it is but in order to get to it you have to drive like another kilometer down the road where you will see a little parking area. Then there is a sign and nice rock pathway up to the church in a cave. It is only about 700m but it seems like a long 700 metets definitely got a work out in! Haha.


There wasn’t too many people once I got there. About 4-6 people, 2 guys rock climbing, and 3 people shooting a movie scene inside the cave. I waited and watched for a while. And between scenes I got the go ahead to go up and take some photos myself of the church from the back of the cave. It was very cool! Worth it times 1000 if you are in the area.




I also wanted to share some pictures from the town of Urbino which is a very cute little charming town. There is a great view of the whole main town area from the park overlooking the city. I also got gelato at Gelateria Raffaella which was some of the best peach (pesca) gelato I have ever had! I also got raspberry.. yum. 
love, Carlee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee