Thursday, August 30, 2018

Tallinn Old Town

This was by far the most popular area of the city and for good reason it is gorgeous! It is one of the most well preserved medieval in all of Europe. And also can we talk about the doors? Who knew I was gonna spend 50% of my time in old town taking photos of doors. They have gorgeous doors! My hotel was right in old town I stayed at the Three Residents Hotel and it was a great location. However it wasn’t the most comfortable because my room was very hot but I usually book hotels on where they are located and I never want to spend an arm and a leg so I get what I get haha. For location I would totally recommend the hotel.

When I first arrived in the city I took a little train ride around. It cost 6 euro and was a nice way to get introduced to the city without having to walk everywhere. Also on the weekend there was a big market in the main square and they traditional goods and gifts and lots of handmade stuff.



I love getting good views of the city and while there was some great views from Toompea Hill. I think the best views are from St. Olaf’s Church! You can see everywhere in Tallinn and get a 360 view. So you can see the harbor, old town, new parts as well. When I went it was kinda rainy so I basically had the whole area to myself which was nice. I don’t like being rushed. I will say that the stairs to climb up to the bell tower were some of the more sketchy ones I have seen on my travels. So just be careful.




For food I recommend Pierre Chocolaterie they had great desserts and ice cream and cake etc. I went there twice so yeah it was very good. Almost all the little cafes I encountered in Tallinn you order at the counter first and then sit. So don’t just sit and expect someone to come take your order. The first thing I got when I was walking from the port to the city center was a cupcake at Tassikoogid. I just randomly happened upon and the cupcakes were so good!
love, Carlee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee