Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Grotta Palazzese Restaurant

Have y’all seen pictures on Pinterest or Instagram of this restaurant? I remember I had before we even moved to Italy. It was one of those places you see only and think that is beautiful but I won’t ever make it there. Well when we moved to Italy I had a couple friends from America send me the picture of the restaurant and say this is in Italy you need to go. So it was in the back of my mind. Well Clark had a long weekend for the 4th of July and lucky for us we got married on the 5th of July so our wedding anniversary falls right on a long weekend so perfect reason to celebrate. Also 5 years of marriage and 9 years together that alone is worth celebrating.

I made a reservation online a few days before. Luckily we are American and like eating dinner early and one of the last opening was at 6pm for July 5th so it was perfect. The restaurant has its own free parking with a free shuttle to the restaurant so you don’t have to worry about the hassle of parking in old town.


Once at the restaurant it is magical we luckily got one of the best seats and we were sitting all alone in a little alcove. Since our reservation was the first of the night, we along with others got there a few minutes before they opened and some people were lined up at the door. Basically wherever you are in line is your chance of getting a good seat. Not that any seat is bad but some are right next to the edge.



Anyways, fair warning... it is expensive like 130 euro per person. It was the most expensive meal of our lives but hey when in Rome right? The view and ambiance and live music and experience in general were worth it and the food was good. It was definitely a bucket list experience and I am so glad I got to do it with Clark on our anniversary. One we won’t forget for sure.

love, Carlee

Dress: Thrifted
Shoes: TJ Maxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee