Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Smart Couples Finish Rich: David Bach

My local library does a cool thing were they have some free books and you just have to bring in a book to give and you can take any book on the certain shelf and have it forever! This is one of those books that I picked up while looking for books to trade with books that I already owned that I didn't want or need anymore. I picked up this one because I am very interested in money. Clark does make the majority of the money in our household but I still want to pull my own weight when it comes to finances. So I pay all of our families bills and make sure everything is covered and in good standing. This book helped my go farther with that. I looked into our retirement plans and we even upped our contribution from 10% to 13% of our income since reading this book. I found out our credit scores and made plans to work on building our credit and there was even quizzes and outlines for goals for how you deal with money and what value money brings into your life. 

I would 100% recommend this book to any couple that is in a serious relationship. It would even be a great book to give to someone as a wedding gift. You wouldn't think money is romantic but the book really does give lots of ways to make sure you don't fight about money as a couple and ways to be proactive with your life. Like buying life insurance and setting up living wills. Some of the stuff didn't apply to mine and Clark's situation but maybe someday it will so it was nice to learn about it. Also there was lots of information on IRA's, stocks, mutuals funds etc. which I will be honest had little to no idea what these things were and how to go about getting them before ready this book. I still have not invested in any of these things because that is not the place we are at in our lives but it is really good to have the knowledge. Also if you aren't in a couple and are just a single lady David Bach also writes a book called Smart Women Finish Rich which was actually written before this one and has wonderful reviews. If I had a friend graduating from college or high school right now I would totally buy them that book. 

Anyways 10/10 would recommend. Also it should be noted that I read the updated version which was updated and revised in 2018 so very current. The original copy was published in 2001 and my guess a lot has changed in the finance world in 17 years so get yourself the updated copy (cover pictured above.) 
love, Carlee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee