Friday, August 3, 2018

Puglia, Italy - Cave of Poetry + Sant' Andrae

We got to cliff jump in the most amazing scenic spot in Puglia, Italy which is the region that people know as the heel of the boot of Italy. I had seen photos of this place on the internet (how did people find cool places to travel before the internet!?! ) and it looked amazing and a stop that I for sure wanted to make.

Google maps leads you right to it and there is a little parking area on the side of the road. The cave is about 50 meters over the guardrail toward the sea. There are well worn footpaths so you can’t miss it and in the summer the cheery voices of people having a great time.



We jumped in first thing and the water wasn’t even cold it felt so nice. To get up there are steps carved into the side of the rock. Some people were walking down the steps to get into the water but most people were jumping from the cliffs. The water below isn’t actually that deep. When I reached far down I felt the bottom with my hands after a couple of the jumps. After we got our fill of jumping we changed into dry clothes in the car and made our way to Lecce, Italy.

Also some pics below of the Sant Andrea coast line area. It was beautiful with the white stone. Seriously the rock here is awesome and weird. I told Clark I thought maybe that’s what it looked like on the moon... he wasn’t so sure haha.


love, Carlee
Shirt: Target
Shorts: NEX
Shoes: Nike
Headscarf: from local vender

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee