Tuesday, August 14, 2018

San Marino

I knew that I had to make a specific trip to San Marino when living in Italy because it is it’s own country and I can’t pass up the opportunity to visit a new country. The drive was about 5 hours away and it took my a little longer because I had to stop at some gorgeous flower leads which I will definitely post the photos of. I stayed two nights in a hotel in Fago, Italy and I am so glad I did and didn’t just stay one night or try to drive there and back the same day. That would be awful. So I woke up from my hotel and drove first thing to San Marino it took about 50 minutes and I parked in the parking lot P9. Which was a perfect location and had many elevators to help you get to the city center.



Even with all the elevators there was still lots of stairs and climbing to do because San Marino is on a high hill which gives the best views of the surrounding area. I mainly wanted to see the high fortresses so I had to do a little more climbing. The views were awesome. I, of course, had to reward myself with some gelato which I got from Gelateria L'Alchimista which was great.



San Marino was a very cute little area. I didn’t have high expectations so it was super relaxed and I just went with the flow and enjoyed the scenery. It is a little lonely traveling alone but I also really enjoy it because I can do whatever I want whenever I want. There is no one that tells me I shouldn’t eat gelato twice a day haha which maybe is a bad thing ;) also it was pretty warm when I visited as you can see if the one photo of me I am sweating! Those hills were killer! Haha

Love, Carlee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee