Monday, August 27, 2018

Toompea Hill: Tallinn, Estonia

This is a gorgeous area of the city with beautiful churches and amazing views! One of the first things I did after checking into my hotel was head to Toompea Hill for some amazing views of the city. I headed up the street Pikk Jalg which had some great local artists selling their original work and also working on more stuff. There was a wedding just leaving the church when I get to the top and that was cool to see the brides dress was gorgeous... well at least the back which is all I saw haha.



I found a great view which included a rowdy bachelorette party! I actually saw about 3-4 bachelorette parties throughout the city, Tallinn must be the place to go for your last hurrah (also just googled how to spell hurrah... I had no idea haha.) I then made my way over to the Toompea castle which to me is more like a palace then a castle when I imagine a castle I image guard towers and such. Also if you saw my instagram of this place I edited it way more pink than it is in real life but whatever. I have fun with editing photos. Also all these photos are totally unedited. The photos for about the last 10 posts have also been unedited to time consuming. I also saw the lovely church Alexander Nevsky Cathedral which is an Orthodox Church.




On the way down from Toompea hill I was going to stop at Cortile and have some ice cream but they were closed for some sort of emergency. Also on my last day I went over and down the back side of Toompea Hill to a little gourmet hot dog place and I had a pulled pork dog and it was awesome! The last photo is actually a photo of Toompea Hill from the top of St. Olaf Church.  It is a great area and definitely worth the visit if you are in Tallinn.
love, Carlee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee