Thursday, March 9, 2017

You are a Badass: Jen Sinerco

So I had been wanting to read this book for a while but it was never at any library I went to. But my little brother ended up giving it to my mom for Mother's Day last year. I thought I would read it since I am home and have been wanting to for some time now. I honestly thought this book was going to be so inspirational and awesome! Kind of like the book "Big Magic" by Elizabeth Gilbert was for me. I loved that book and it was definitely the perfect time in my life to read it. I guess I thought this book would have the same effect on me but it did not.

It wasn't bad. On a scale of 1-10 I would probably rate it a 5. There were some parts that I thought were interesting and some good quotes and I pulled from the book. But other parts were not inspirational for me. She has a really long section all about money and how if you "will" it, it will come to you sort of thing and I just could not get into that mindset at all. So while it wasn't my favorite it wasn't bad. I was probably let down more than I should have been because I went in with high expectations.

Quotes I liked from the book:

"Everyone is living in their own self-created illusion." 

"It's not your fault that your fucked up. It's your fault it you stay fucked you." 

love, Carlee 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee