Monday, October 15, 2012

Blog of the fall: Glam Hampton


It is blog of the season time again! This fall I wanted to feature a blogger that I have been following ever since I started my blog back in March. It is Rachel from Glam Hampton if you don't know about her and her blog you must check it out. I really love her style and she is one of my go-to gals for inspiration for any outfit! So meet Rachel! 

When and why did you start Glam Hampton?
I started Glam Hampton in March of 2012. I had stumbled across some style blogs and instantly wanted to start my own. When I was high school, I would play 'dress up' in my room all the time to make the coolest outfits, and then would archive them on my computer so that I could remember to wear them later. Haha! 

Tell us more about your blog and yourself?
I'm 23 and I'm still in college. I transferred/changed my major one too many times, but now I will finally be finishing up this December. In January I will be living in the Bronx and student teaching in Manhattan (I'm going to be a biology teacher!). My blog is simply about my personal style at the moment, but I really want to evolve it to feature style in The Hamptons. Style and fashion is huge where I am from, and I would love to eventually incorporate things like "street style" and reviews of the local shopping boutiques. 

How would you describe your personal style?
Eclectic and funky, yet feminine and flirty. When I was in high school, I was notoriously known for my wild style. It's definitely toned down. Ever since going to college, where everyone wears sweatpants and Uggs to class, I sort of felt out of place getting decked out like I did when I was younger. I feel like I've definitely held back on myself and my blog, which I've become aware of. Since I've dyed my hair red I've felt the inner funk coming out again :) Get ready!

You always seem to find AMAZING pieces while thrifting, what is the secret to being a good thrifter?
I think my secret to not only thrifting, but shopping in general, is seeing the good and potential in an ostensibly 'ugly' piece. I always hone in on some sort of ridiculous item that my friends say, "No way, you are NOT buying that!" I love incorporating unusual pieces. Price wise, I've definitely just gotten lucky on snagging fun vintage shoes!

What do you do in your free time?
I'm quite busy with classes and studying, but I really enjoy staying active. I've been a runner my whole life! I have a half marathon coming up in a couple weeks :) Almost every weekend involves retail therapy.. I have a shopping problem for sure! (But isn't that how we all got here?)

What are you dreams and goals for the future?
To stay classy, happy, and fabulous in all things that I do.

Do you have any advice for new bloggers?
Don't hold back on your personal style! The best blog is a genuine blog. I recently stopped posting where my items come from. I now try to promote my personal style by "getting the look." I link the item if it is still available, otherwise, I simply find something similar rather than name dropping brands and stores. Remember- fashion has a price tag, style does not!

I hoped that you enjoyed getting to know Rachel just as much as I did. If you haven't already I would jump on over to her blog and check it out! You can also like Glam Hampton on Facebook or follow on twitter

5 comments:

  1. love this interview and her style!
    very nice blog by the way :)

    kisses from Russia,
    Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  2. her outfits are so cute!

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this post so much: great interview!
    What about following each other? Cosa mi metto???
    Win 30$ gift voucher at Vivilli!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is amazing! I love her style! :)

    xoxo,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee