Friday, June 8, 2012

Operation Smile and Clark


Operation Smile is a children's organization to help correct children's smiles. Did you know that every three minutes a child is more with a cleft lip.  Operation Smile is a international organization offering much needed surgical services in over 60 countries.

Why am I talking about this you may ask?

As you may or may not have noticed my boyfriend Clark has a cleft lip. He was born with a cleft lip and palate and his first surgery was when he was one month old. He has had a total of 8 surgeries and he is only 19 years old. The scar from his cleft lip is not to noticeable anymore because of all the corrective surgeries he has had. I had to dig through photos to find ones that you could tell he had a cleft lip in. So this organization Operation Smile hits close to home for me because my love has a cleft lip and palate.



Operation Smile has been providing surgeries for children since 1982 with the help of volunteers and donations. This is a great organization so if you want to check it out go to their website.

Have any questions do not hesitate to ask.



8 comments:

  1. such a great organization! and I think the result is very good. But it's really hard to know that your boyfriend had so many surgeries :/
    in btw Thank you for your lovely comment! :) It really made my day!

    xoxo FlirtingwithFashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome, very good organization!!!
    I'm following u now girl

    http://thewild-swans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) :) :)


    This is something on this from INDIA

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smile_Pinki

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha cute photo! great site! i know a couple of friends who have this, and its quite commmon!

    xx
    Glass of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems like a brilliant charity with a lovely purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great cause!

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow i didn't even know about this cause until now, i'm sorry that your boyfriend had so many surgeries. This is an amazing cause, i wish for the best :) i'll def check out their website!

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The program is amazing. I'm in the Operation Smile club at my school, and we're trying really hard to earn for money for operations(: So more people can sm:)e
    I followed you! Hope you can follow back(: Hope you have a nice day!
    -S


    http://classifiedcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee