Monday, April 8, 2013

Branding Little Sloth


Branding Little Sloth.
Once I decided on Little Sloth for the name of my greeting card business. I then started to design logos. I first choose a color scheme. I wanted something that I would keep and would stick with the Little Sloth brand forever. I don't really know how I came up with the color scheme. But in the end it works. And I love it.

Opinions.
I got my families opinion and asked there thoughts on the looks. I am really glad I did because one of the fonts I was thinking about for the Sloth, my brother said the cursive S kind of looked like a G. I am glad he said something because if he was confused. My future costumers might be confused and I I didn't want that. I also wanted to stay consistent with design and branding because that is what makes for a good business. When you can take one look at a logo, ad, or feature and know what business you are looking at. That was my goal.

The design won't come overnight.
My design did not happen over night at all. I started thinking back in October about starting an Etsy card shop and once I came up with the name I started designing and redesigning. I wanted to be able to open my shop without hesitation about the look or design. So I took a while designing but in the end it was definitely worth it. Because now I have a product and a brand that I am proud of and is recognizable for my business Little Sloth. 

p.s. like Little Sloth's Facebook Page to keep up to date with what is going on in the shop, inside photos and exclusive discounts. 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful site, so colourful. Love it. x

    www.todaymyway.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee