Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Pompeii

A few weeks ago my friend, her daughter and I went to Pompeii. It was both of our first times visiting. Clark and I have been wanting to go but we always hear about how packed it is on the weekend so we have been putting it off. My friend and I decided to go one day during the week and it was perfect. There were still quite a lot of tourist compared to other parts of Naples but a lot less than what I image it is like on the weekend. I heard that it takes about 10 times going to Pompeii to really get to see it all so Clark and I are definitely going to do again. I am sure we will go again when my family or friends come as well because it is a pretty big deal in all those history books haha.
It was super easy to get there everything was well marked and we parked really close to the entrance. The parking was $3 an hour which wasn't too bad and they had this "promotion" of if you eat at there restaurant you get to park for free the catch was that you had to spend $40 on a meal so it wasn't really worth it to eat. But the parking still was a good price even if the promotion was kind of bogus. haha. The people at the ticketing office spoke English as well as staff inside the site (at least the ones we talked to did.) We walked a ton and tried to see as much as we could. We saw the amphitheater and the bodies that were casted in lava. We even got to see a new exhibit that was set up and included modern sculptures within the ruins of Pompeii. It made the whole sight look really neat.
We even found the cutest kitty while at Pompeii. I first thought it was with someone because it kept cuddling up to this lady but then it came over to us. It was the sweetest little cat and have the prettiest design. I think it is really cool that Pompeii is still an active archeological site and has people working and digging and uncovering all the time. We came across people digging and brushing (what are these people called again.... I can't remember.) Anyways it was an amazing time. Next time I will make sure to get a good detailed map, that was our one mistake.

I am hoping to take Clark to Pompeii soon, I think he might get a couple of week days off at some point and that definitely would be the time to go. I can't wait to go back. 
love, Carlee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee