Monday, June 2, 2014

Fernandina Beach, Florida

This town was great. I don’t have any other towns to compare it to in Florida but I do have ocean side towns in NC and SC to compare it too as well as Oregon and Washington State ocean side towns to compare it too and I have to say Fernandina Beach is one of my favorite towns. The historic quaint part of town isn’t right on the ocean but it is right on a river, I like towns that are right on the ocean. The shops and the palm tree lined streets were definitely a highlight for me. I love the coffee, ice cream, local cafe, and bars that are original to towns and Fernandina Beach had so many. I actually got some ice cream and sat down to write some post cards in one of these said cafes.
Another thing that was a total win for this town was that I never felt threatened. And this was a big plus for me especially since I was traveling alone. The people seemed so happy and friendly. It is a big tourist town and I definitely looked like a tourist. Snapping photos, buying postcards and eating ice cream. My favorite part about the town was the architecture of the buildings. I also loved how the buildings are all colorful! 
After I strolled through town, I went back to the hotel and Knox and I went to the beach again. After the beach, I grabbed a burger at the Dairy Queen across the street and then Knox and I relaxes at the hotel. I watched some Food Network and Lifetime Tv and then we fell asleep. The next day, I headed out early. I wasn’t really looking forward to the drive home but I knew it had to be done. And really it wasn’t a fun ride home, but I made it. 
love, Carlee

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love when you go somewhere and you immediately feel welcomed? :)

    Glad you found something similar.

    Naturally Jes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee