Monday, June 30, 2014

Row of Palms

So for this post I am going to share my last outfit in Myrtle Beach as well as other snap shots that I haven’t gotten to share...not even on Instagram. I mean one can only post so much on Instragram. So anyways, these photos were taken our last full day in Myrtle Beach while we were driving around on the moped. I spotted an empty parking lot and a row of palm trees lining the sidewalk and thought this was as good of a spot as any.
By the time I get to this point in a beach vacation, it is all about comfort. I have my most comfortable shoes on, my favorite new pair of cut of shorts that I DIYed, and an easy breezy tank top. #perfection My outfits are usually this anyways... I like what I like and it’s hot and humid here. Also if you ever go to Myrtle Beach you must stop inside the I LOVE SUGAR shop. It is so fun. I love candy and they have a ton of stuff! Lots of novelty stuff, gifts, candy themed stuff like headphones, pencils, bracelets. Above is a photo of the inside.

Reflecting on our trip now
Best food
Me: the cornbread at Toast in Charleston SC
Clark: Rioz duhhhhhh

Best dessert 
Me: South beach creamery in Myrtle Beach SC. They give you a lot and it’s all homemade, open til 11pm
Clark: Ben and Jerry’s in Charleston SC (Clark is a huge Ben & Jerry’s fan)

Favorite thing about Charleston SC
Me: I LOVE the architecture, the history, the charm and the ladies making roses out of palm tree leaves
Clark: Waterfront park and standing in the pineapple fountain together.

Favorite thing about Myrtle Beach SC
Me: I like riding mopeds, the shops, the food, the vibe
Clark: Being able to relax and spend time together

Worst part of trip
Me: When my sandals gave my blisters and I still had a mile to walk back to the hotel from Marion Square in Charleston.
Clark: The drive getting there and back. That’s usually the worst part.

Recommendations
Me: stay in downtown Charleston SC so you can walk everywhere, the city market, the battery, just walk around and see as much as possible. Myrtle Beach stay in a hotel on the beach most places have back buildings that are a lot cheaper so look into that (we stayed in the back building at Breakers)
Clark: Rioz in Myrtle Beach because it is great, also go to the Gay Dolphin, in Charleston go see Angel Oak

So there you have it. A few little recommendations/notes from both Clark and I about the trip. We love the beach and it is really nice to live close to the NC beaches like the Outer Banks and also Myrtle Beach for a totally different feeling. I am excited to share non vacation post with you guys the rest of this week. 
love, Carlee
Outfit:
Tank & Bag: Target
Shorts: DIY
Shoes: Belk

Swimsuit: American Eagle
Sunglasses: gift

2 comments:

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee