Monday, October 31, 2016

S'mores Halloween Costume

This year we decided to be S'mores! I am the Hershey's, Clark is the Graham Cracker, and Knox is the marshmallow! I actually was planning on doing a different DIY costume this year but that other one was a little too intensive and this one was way simpler and I had almost everything on hand to make it. Besides doesn't Knox just make the cutest marshmallow ever! 
DIY Costumes: 
Marshmallow
-We used a 'king size' pillow. King size meaning it is longer than a normal pillow and wrapped it around Knox with some tape and velcro.

Graham Cracker:
- Two cardboard pieces measuring about 30 in x 30 in.
- A permeant black marker to draw on the dots and dashes.
- For the straps we used Heavy Duty Duct Tape. We taped the tape together so it didn't actually stick to us and then tapes and stapled (for extra support) to the cardboard on the inside.

Hershey's Bar
-Two cardboard pieces measuring about 25in x 50 in
-Dark brown paint  (cost me $8.00 for a pint, paint here in Italy is expensive)
-Letters
      -I found the correct font that is used on the Hershey's Bar and made the letters 11in tall in Photoshop and I printed one letter per regular piece of paper and cut them all out and used double sided tape to stick them to the cardboard.
-Straps same as above: For the straps we used Heavy Duty Duct Tape. We taped the tape together so it didn't actually stick to us and then taped and stapled (for extra support) to the cardboard on the inside.
We wore this costume to Trunk or Treat and it was great. I love doing a theme with my car if we do trunk or treat so this year it was camp fire. I painted a campfire and we got actual firewood and marshmallows and acted like a real fire. Unfortunately, no dogs were allowed at this event so we couldn't bring Knox all dressed up in the marshmallow but people still got the idea. This was going to be our only costume this year but sometimes I just can't help myself. Did you see our costumes from yesterday? HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
love, Carlee



1 comment:

  1. The snacks here had a smooth taste with a bit of cheese and lime juice. To start, we got pork rinds at New York venues here; they were really flavorful with a spicy kick and smooth taste. Plus, it was a large fresh bag too, place is worth the price.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee