Thursday, July 19, 2018

Verona, Italy

My friend and I took an amazing 4 day trip up to the Venice, Italy area. I say area because we explored a lot more than just Venice. We flew in and out of the Venice Treviso airport and rented a car and headed to the Dolomites first, the next day we did Sirmione the cutest little town on Lake Garda and also Verona! I knew I wanted to do Verona on our trip even if it was just for a quick stop.

I, of course, have read the story of Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare and now that I am married I think "oh young love how foolish" but still it is just an iconic story and it is known around the world and will be taught in schools for generations and generations to come. But did you know that an Italian actually wrote the story before Shakespeare and it is believed that the story is actually real and based in Verona. That is why Verona has kinda of taken over the story and they seem to embrace the Shakespeare fame and all the tourist that come with it.




Juliet's house was the main thing I wanted to see and so we headed that way first. I read that it is super crowded and to beware of pickpockets. It really was the most crowded little area we were in are whole trip. But you just need to stop in and see maybe get a photo on the balcony and write a letter to Juliet if you want. I thanked her for helping me find my love early in life. I also rubbed Juliet's boob it is so worn from all the rubbing... (Rumor has it that rubbing the statue of Juliet, specifically on her left breast, in Verona, Italy brings you luck.) So hopefully that means I will have great luck!




After that we popped into a few shops, my friend was excited to see a Lush store in Verona and we got ice cream at the famous flower gelato shop Amorino (they make your gelato look like a flower but only if you order a cone.) It was great this time just like the last 5 times I have had ice cream from Amorino all over Europe haha. 

love, Carlee
Shorts: NEX
Shirt: Target
Shoes: Nike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee