Monday, April 14, 2014

Military Ball: 112th Shadow Ball

On Saturday, Clark and I went to our first military ball. It was actually a lot of fun. I was a little bit nervous because I didn't really know what to expect but Clark was also really nervous because he was on the color guard. Meaning that he was in the group the brought in the American flag along with the Battalion flag and then retired them after the speeches and such. It was actually a pretty big deal and he did a great job. 
The night started off with cocktail hour. We mingled and laughed. Most people stayed in groups with people that they know so it wasn't to nerve racking. Once we found our friends we had some good laughs. Then we were seating in the ball room, and the colors (flags) were brought in. There was some toast and some speeches. Then about 10 soldiers from another battalion at Fort Bragg sang  Acapella which I thought was one of the coolest things. Soldiers singing Acapella who knew? Then we ate dinner. We had salad, chicken and rice, and cheesecake. It was actually REALLY good. Yay for good free food. Then after dinner there was more speeches and awards given. Then the colors were retired and the dance floor was opened up and the DJ started playing music. 
We got our photos taken and also took some photo booth pics. Which I thought was one of the best parts of the night. Then headed back into dance. A lot of the people left after the dinner and speeches but I thought one of the best things was dancing. Not many people danced but Clark and I had a great time. And I thought the DJ was actually pretty good, meaning he played all the songs I liked! So yeah I would say our first militaty ball was a success. We had fun and it was good. 
Dress & Bracelet: Macys
Shoes (not pictured): Old Navy

1 comment:

  1. Your look turned out PERFECT!! Absolutely stunning. :) I'm so glad you had a great time! My sister always wants to attend the balls and my BIL never wants to. haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee