Friday, August 29, 2014

Babe Ruth

Did you know that Babe Ruth hit his first professional home run in Fayetteville NC? Super cool right. I mentioned it before my family is a big sports family and we love baseball so when I was searching in Pinterest ‘Fayetteville NC’ to find some cool spots and this marker popped up and I thought no way. And turns out its legit and Bath Ruth did hit his first professional home run in Fayetteville NC in 1914 so 100 years ago. He was only here for about a month and played on the Baltimore Orioles during spring training. It is said that Ruth also got his nickname ‘Babe’ in Fayetteville NC. This marker is at what used to be the Cape Fear Fair Grounds. It stands at Gillespie street and has to be one of the best historical markers in Fayetteville.
Clark and I headed to this location a couple of weeks ago. It was on a street we had ever been to before but it’s right close to downtown. Afterword we took Knox to the dog park. So win for me because I got to discover something else awesome and win for Knox because he got to go to the dog park and he LOVES the dog park.
We actually visited this a couple of 4 weeks ago and I am just getting around to sharing it. But I figured better late then never. I hate when things get out of order but I also hate not publishing all the post that I have ready and actually want to share here. So this is one of those post. Happy Friday, anyone else excited for the long weekend.
love, Carlee
Shorts: H&M
Tank: Marshalls
Sandals: Old Navy
Hat:  Boston Red Sox Team Store



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee