Monday, August 10, 2015

Update // Books I’ve Read 2015

Hey guys, I have been updating the original post after each book I’ve read but I thought I would post another ‘update’ here. So I have read 19 books so far in 2015. I know that’s not a ton and by know means am I striving to read a certain amount this year it has just been fun to keep track of the books and write my thoughts on each.
The last 3 books I have read:


Bossypants - Tina Fey
Okay I really did like this book. I am a fan of her’s. I love her in Mean Girls and Date Night. I will admit though that I have never watched any of her on SNL and I have also never watched 30 Rock. But there were so many funny stores and she tells them in a really good way. I didn’t feel like she was slightly smug at some points. But I mean who isn’t smug at some point haha. Good book. 

Sharp Objects - Gillian Flynn
Okay I LOVED this book. I think I even liked it better then Gone Girl. Maybe because I had no other thoughts on Sharp Objects unlike Gone Girl (which was super hyped and I saw previews from the movie.) This was Gillian Flynn’s first novel and I think it is a little darker then Gone Girl more physical pain / suffering. Whether as Gone Girl was more emotion and mental pain / suffering. Does that make sense? Anyways, I really liked it and thought the ended was great and unexpected. I really want to read Dark Places now but there are a bunch of holds currently at my library. 

Rude Girls Make Me Tired - Celia Rivenbark 
This was a very funny book. It’s a modern etiquette book sort to speak. I had thoughts of the same thoughts as the author like “bitch get your slow moving grocery store walking ass out of the way.” And also “did you just feed my dog chocolate, I will punch you in the throat.” Though I will admit at times the author seemed to have the mind set “Rude Bitches Make Me Tired, Unless I am the Rude Bitch Then Shut The F*ck Up.” Still a funny read though and I even got another one of her books so read. 


My favorite 3 books I have read so far:

1984

Sharp Objects

Black Like Me

My least favorite book I’ve read so far:

The Italians

Time Travelers Wife

Just in Case

Hope y’all have a wonderful Monday! This week is going to be a good one. 
love, Carlee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee