Thursday, August 24, 2017

Casertavecchia

Okay so this little town Casertavecchia is so lovely. It's funny because I actually didn't even know it existed which is not like me. It is only have 30 minutes from our house and I try really hard to research cool places to go especially ones that are close to us  so when our landlords who live in Caserta took us up to this medieval town when my family was visiting I was pleasantly surprised to find such a little gem really close to us.
The town was founded by Romans in 861AD and lies at the foot of the Tifatini Mountains. The town lies just about 10 minutes from the city of Caserta and Casertavechhia actually means "Old Caserta" in Italian. Today the town is mainly a tourist destination but there are residents that still live in the stone houses with beautiful flower boxes lining the walls and roads.
Since the town is up on the hillside there are also amazing views of the town of Caserta and Mt. Vesuvius and you can also spot the island of Ischia and Procida off in the distance. The church in the town is also amazing. So old and the architecture always amazes me. This little town is definitely worth the visit if you are in the area and the food is also wonderful here. Well let me be honest, the food is pretty wonderful anywhere in Italy. haha.
love, Carlee
Dress: Target
Shoes: Toms.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee