Monday, August 28, 2017

Italian Villa: Bedroom

I finally finished decorating our bedroom here in our Italian villa. This is the first room I have "finished" I think the living room is also finished now so I might show you that soon too. Our bedroom and living are actually the only two rooms that I would say are worth sharing. Maybe the kitchen too once it is done. But the bathrooms I can't do much with because they are tiled and it is not easy to "renter friendly" fix beige tiled walls. So I have hung up some art work in there but I probably won't do much else which is totally okay. I am glad the two rooms we spend the most time in are comfortable and decorated to our style, the living room and our bedroom. So I will stop rambling about other stuff and start talking about the bedroom.
I painted the two walls blue in March when I got back to Italy after being in Washington State to recover from my broken leg. I got back and I was like "there is no time like the present." I wanted to start taking action and doing some of the things that I had been meaning to do and one of those things was paint our bedroom. I new I wanted to do a fresh new-to-us color so I picked a very pretty blue. In North Carolina I painted one of the walls in our bedroom yellow which we loved and it totally brightened it up but I always like to try new things. Like in our next home I will most likely paint our bedroom a totally different color. It is fun to get to change and experiment every few years.

One of the very first things I did before even unpacking our stuff last August was I took every single light switch cover from around the house and spray painted them white. You can see in the before photos that they were this weird glossy yellowish color and I hated it. So painting the light switch covers. That was definitely my first decor change. Other than that, the before photos don't show much difference because it was just a big white room with orange tile floors. I would love painted the paint wood door and door frame but again not realistic and renter friendly to paint wood haha. At least with walls they can just paint over.
Can you tell which side of the bed is mine and which side is Clark's? He always keeps the stuff I give him and his mementos out on this nightstand where as I like to keep mine in a "keep forever box" and just have my night stand more simple. Although on regular days you would definitely find a bowl of popcorn or a plate of cookies on my night stand haha. One thing about Italian houses is there is NO STORAGE! I am talking no closets in the bedrooms or shelves/ drawers under the bathroom sinks. It's crazy so we get to "rent" this big wardrobe closets from the military base for our entire stay here in Italy. Only one fits in our bedroom (well both would fit but then Knox wouldn't get a bed in our room so...) and the other is in the guest room which is just right across from our bedroom. 

The bedding we have had since we were first married and the throw pillows were wedding gifts and they are also featured in North Carolina bedroom as well as some of the frames photos and artwork. 

I really love the way our bedroom turned out. It is simple but vibrate and pretty. It also feels very comfortable which is like my only mandatory wish when it comes to a bedroom haha. 
love, Carlee
Duvet Cover: Target
Shoe racks on closet doors: TJ Maxx/IKEA
"Headboard" rug: Flying Tiger
Sloth Titanic Print:  Amazon
Lamps: TJ Maxx
Throw pillows: Target
Knox's Shark toy: IKEA
Knox bed: 1800PetSupplies
Dressers: IKEA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee