Sunday, April 15, 2018

Making Pizza in Florence!

When traveling to Florence we didn't have any major plans except see the Duomo, eat gelato, and see the David. So I was looking at the Airbnb Experience in Florence and came across this pizza making one with great reviews. It also seemed like a good deal for the money you paid. I am so glad we signed up to do it, it was one of our favorite activities in Florence.
There were two other people in our class, another couple from the USA. It was fun getting to talk with them and experience it together. They were lovely people. Antonio was the pizza marker who taught us how to do it and he has been working and making pizza at the restaurant for 24 years. Oh yeah, we got to make the pizza at a restaurant called Toto. The restaurant has excellent reviews and we got to meet the owner so even if you don't take the pizza class I bet this would be a great spot for lunch or dinner. 
We got to learning everything that it makes to make a Neapolitan Pizza. First there was wine and water for us to drink while the owner told us a little bit about the history of the restaurant. Then we starting with making the dough. It was just a little bit of water, flour, salt, yeast, and olive oil. We learned how the consistency needed to me and how to form and shape the dough so it is firm for raising. Antonio said it takes 8 hours for the dough to raise and we were all looking around like what wait? This is a 2 hour class not 10 hours haha. But once we were done making the dough Antonio pulled out already raised dough he had made the night before. 
We then rolled the dough into a pizza shape which could some technique and skill. I am proud to say I am the only one that didn't break my pizza dough and had to start over with a new ball of dough. Go me! We then put all the toppings we wanted on it. I just choose mozzarella cheese (spread out really evenly) and some sausage which was like pepperoni. Clark put sausage, pepperoni and double mozzarella on this pizza. And once placed in the pizza oven it only took 2.5 minutes to cook. WHAT! So fast. The pizza was honestly delicious and one of the best pizzas I have had in Italy. I think they had really fresh ingredients at the restaurant and also maybe it tasted a bit better because I put my hard work into it. It was a good time and a fun couple hours spent in Florence. 
love, Carlee
Shirt: Zara
Pants: NEX
Shoes: Nike

PS. If you want to see me toss pizza dough with Antonio go to me instagram @carleewengel and look at my Italy highlights! 

7/50 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee