Thursday, April 5, 2018

My favorite sugar cookie and frosting recipe

Hey so today I am going to share my favorite sugar cookie and sugar cookie frosting recipe! I made these sugar cookies for a bake sale last week and they were a huge hit. I also made this same sugar cookie recipe in October for Halloween. Needless to say it is my go-to recipe. The best part about this recipe is that the dough does not need to be chilled!  Cookie Dough:
1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
1 Teaspoon almond extract
1 egg
2 Teaspoons baking powder
3 cups all purpose flour

Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Cream together butter and sugar. Then beat in eggs and vanilla and almond extract. 
3. Add all dry ingredients. Slowing at the flour. Dough will be very thick. Need by hand if needed. Don't chill the dough. 
4. Roll out dough on floured surface until about 1/4 inch thick and cut with your preferred cookie cutter shapes. 
5. Bake at 350 for 6-7 minutes. Until cookies are set but not browned on the edges. 

Frosting: 

1/2 cup butter 
1 lb powdered sugar (for me it's one box of domino's powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla 
1 teaspoon almond extract 
3-4 tablespoons of milk 

Direction:

1. Soften butter a fair amount but not all the way melted. 
2. Add powered sugar & extracts and stir. 
3. Add the milk one tablespoon at a time. If you want the frosting thicker you probably only need 3 tablespoons. Add a little more to thin out the frosting. 

Makes about 3 dozen but really depends on your cookie cutter size and shape. 


Every time I make sugar cookies this is my go to recipe and it’s funny cause I don’t make sugar cookies they often so each time I do I have to go searching through my recipe box and Pinterest to make sure I am using the recipe I like. So I figured that I would share it here so I can always reference back to it when I need it! And maybe y'all will like it as well. 


love, Carlee

2/50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee