Thursday, June 28, 2018

Pego do Inferno

This place was magic! I originally found it on Pinterest when I was searching off the beaten path locations in southern Portugal. We were driving from Seville to our hotel on the Algarve coast and I thought making a couple stops along the way would be fun and it would be cool to see something different and more secluded. 


The Pego do Inferno did not disappoint. If you are going to go just follow the directions on google maps. Once it says your there, keep going and turn right and you will see two car parks one off to your left and one a little farther ahead on your right. Once you park you will see two trails ahead one that goes up a hill a little bit and one that goes into a farmers orchard. Go up the hill trail. Then about 100 meters in there is another path off to your right. It is well beaten in but a little more steep. If you continue straight, you will also make it to the waterfall but it takes longer. All the people that we saw went the short cut.



Just keep following the trail like I said it is marked well and if you go in the summer months you will probably hear people swimming / jumping in the pond. Once we got there it is awesome. There were probably like 35-40 other people there. About 70% locals and 30% tourists. There were many guys jumping off the tall cliffs and where the waterfall is from. And there was a rope swing into the water too! Clark tried it a few times and then I went and totally ate shit but it was fun just the same haha. 



We had a relaxing stop and like I said it was fun to see something totally different and unique and not overrun with tourists.... yet. I would recommend wearing sneakers or good sandals as the walk is a little rocky. If you want to see more go to my Instagram @carleewengel and view my Spain/ Portugal stories. 
love, Carlee
Swimsuit top: Billabong
Swimsuit bottoms: Old Navy
Romper: NEX
Shoes: Nike



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee