Thursday, January 23, 2014

Homemade Krispy Kreme Donuts

The only night I had the craving for the perfect Krispy Kreme donut. It was probably because there was a newspaper insert for Valentine's Day Krispy Kreme donuts. And oh they look so good. So I did a quick Google search and found this recipe. So I altered and doctored it and scaled it down a bit and came up with my own perfect homemade Krispy Kreme donut recipe. Okay maybe it isn't perfect but I really enjoyed making them and they taste great. 
Ingredients
Donuts
-2 1/4 teaspoon yeast
-1/2 cup warm water
-1/2 cup milk
-1/4 cup sugar
-1 egg
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-2 1/2 tablespoons butter
-2 3/4 cup flour

Vanilla Glaze
-2 Cups Powered Sugar
-3 tablespoons hot water
-1/3 cup melted butter
-1 teaspoon vanilla

Chocolate Glaze
-2 tablespoons Unsweeted Cocoa
-1 1/2 Cup Powered Sugar
-3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions
1. Add yeast and water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Combine yeast, sugar, salt, eggs, butter and 1cup flour.
3. Beat on low/medium until mixed.
4. Stir in remaining flour until smooth. (Dough will be elasticy)
5. Cover and let rise until double (or more) about 1 hour and 30 minutes. 
6. After the dough has risen. Roll out onto a floured surface with a floured rolling pin about 1/2 in thick.
7. Cut with floured doughnut cutter. Separate donuts and holes and put on cookie sheet.
8. Cover and let rise until double, 30-40 minutes. 

For both glazes
Just stir in the ingredients in a bowl and let sit until your ready to dip donuts. 

9. Heat oil on stove top and use a thermometer until 300 degrees. 
10. Fry donuts for 30 seconds each side until golden brown/brown.
11. Place back on cookie sheet and cool for a bit. 
12. Dip in glaze while still warm. 
13. I diped my donuts in the glaze 3 or 4 times after I set them each set. (I like lots of glaze!) haha
14. Sprinkle the sprinkles on while glaze is still wet. 
So there it is my homemade Krispy Kreme donut recipe. If you have any questions let me know. Also read through the comments in the post I linked above and there are some great tips and tricks in there people have tried already tired. Enjoy.
love, Carlee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee