Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Ocracoke Lighthouse

After the Hatteras-Ocracoke Ferry docked we drove rather fast (shhhh don't tell) down Ocracoke Island. We were trying to make the Ocraoke-Cedar Island Ferry that only ran 3 times a day: 7:30am 1pm 4pm and we were trying to make the 1 o'clock. But before that I really wanted to see/check out the Ocracoke Lighthouse. I mean how many other times am I gonna take two ferries to this island so I knew I had to see this lighthouse. We did make it (as you can see) and we also made the 1pm ferry. Yay, go us.
So we didn't get to explore the grounds to much since we were in a bit of a hurry. But this lighthouse is actually one of my favorite in North Carolina. It is different then the other ones we have seen. It is short and stumpy and all white. I also like how the main house has a bright red roof, it adds a lot of character. There aren't too many lighthouses in North Carolina and I have only seen 3 but I plan on seeing the rest and making the most out of living here in NC. Because with Clark being in the military you usually don't stay in one place forever. But I do know we well be in NC for the next couple of years. 
Currently, I am writing this blog post on the couch while Knox is sleeping next to me. What a sweet dog. Knox now weighs 50lbs! His dad was about 55lbs and his mom was 45lbs. So Knox should be done growing pretty soon. I was telling Clark yesterday that when Knox turns 1 year old (on August 1st) I am gonna be that crazy dog mom and get him toys and maybe even a doggy birthday cake haha. We will see. This weather here in NC is stupid. A few days ago it was 78 degrees and I was even temped to wear sandals but the last 3 days have crummy. Rainy and cold, 35 degrees cold. Later this week is suppose to be nicer so figures crossed! 
love, Carlee
Cardigan & Jeans & Scarf: Old Navy
Tank & Sunglasses: Target
Converse: Nordstrom Rack



1 comment:

  1. You look stunning and it sounds like your trip was a lot of fun! It's so crazy when you have to rush around to things to make the transportation on time. I couldn't tell you how many times my family has went through that on vacations, LOL! and yes you should totally be a crazy dog mom and buy Knox a cake! I've always wanted to do that for Niyah, especially since this year she'll be 3. Where has the time gone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee