Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Military Ball ‘15

On Saturday, we went to our second military ball. It was the 112th Shadow Ball, the same one we went to last year. Last year it was held in April but this year it was held in September. It was a super fun night. I was way more relaxed this time because I had been to one last year. I also realized that the 112th signal battalion family and soldiers are really awesome. Nice, not judgmental or rude, caring, fun, and no how to party. haha. I am sure you have all heard the military wife stereo type of wives being rude, catty, bitchy etc. But I have never come across that which I am super thankful for. No one really cares about what dress your wearing or if your dancing looks stupid. I can only speak for my own experience but so far the military community we have been in has been really supportive, friendly, and hard working. I know not everyone is as lucky and I tell Clark all the time that we really lucked out and I am very thankful for that.
Snapchat username is - carleejarrell

Anyways, back to the ball. It was great. I think it was more lively then last time. More dancing, more drinking. It’s great to see the higher ups get a little toasted and start break dancing on the dance floor. Something you can watch that and still not lose respect for anyone. That is magic haha. Maybe that’s because everyone is a little tipsy anyways. It was a lot of fun though.
I actually bought my dress back in March from Forever 21 online. I know crazy right even more crazy is that I wore a dress that cost $27 dollars and is from forever 21 to a military ball but I loved it. I loved the color. No one there was wearing an orange dress! Last year I think 3 other people had the same dress on as me and it cost $100 so this year I was winning in the dress department. I bought the sash at David’s Bridal for $19.99 so total my outfit cost $47 still better then last year. I wore sandals I already had and bought a clutch I already had. I am pretty low key when it comes to this stuff haha. Everyone looked really nice and I think it’s fun that it gives the men a chance to wear their ASU’s at least once a year. I hope next year the ball is in the spring (like it was last year) so we can go to it because I would love to go to another 112th signal battalion ball before we move duty stations.
love, Carlee
Dress: Forever 21
Sash: David’s Bridal

1 comment:

  1. You and Clark both look so cute! Glad you had fun and got to show off your inexpensive - but seriously cute - dress! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee