Sunday, November 1, 2015

Books in October 2015

Hey guys, over here reading away. Okay not really but still reading constitently. Our schedules have changed a little this month, Clark has been going to work super early (5am everyday) so he has also been going to bed early which has through off my reading a little. Since usually I read in bed for a while but lately I haven’t been because I don’t want to keep up Clark any longer then he needs to be because like I said he is waking up SO EARLY. Anyways, I have still been reading just getting through the books a little slower this month.
The Life We Bury - Allen Eskes
At the beginning on the month I read The Life We Bury. I found this book via Amazon. So what I do when I don’t have any books on my upcoming reading list or if the books that are on my reading list are checked out what I do is go to Amazon and type in a title I read and liked, for example “Dark Places Gillian Flynn” and I see what Amazon recommends at the bottom of the page. And this was one of those recommended books from my Dark Places search. The book was good. It was interesting and exciting. It was all from the same point of view unlike Gillian Flynn’s novels.

Very Good Lives - JK Rowling
I picked this one up after seeing in on Elise’s instagram. I checked my library and it was in stock so brought it home and read it. It took about 30 minutes to read. It is the graduation speech JK Rowling gave to Harvard grads in 2008. It was inspiring and well written will a little funny and wit thrown in.

Modern Romance - Aziz Ansari
I have been wanting to read this book for about a month. I keep checking my library and it is always checked out, and it had quiet a few holds so I knew I would have to wait a little while. Luckily one Sunday it was available so I headed out right away and picked it up. So it’s written by the comedian/actor Aziz Ansari . At first I thought it was just going to be a memoir type book about this love life but it’s actually a really intensive book about romance in the modern age. They (him and a cowriter) did TONS of research. Focus groups, traveling to South America, Paris, Tokyo to research love there, asking people in his stand-up, subreddit groups, data from OkCupid and Match.com, talking with tons of psychologist researching current love. Anyways, it is good but at some points I get so anxious thinking about all the stuff current out there for modern romance and I am SO GLAD that I don’t have to deal to stuff like Tinder / online dating haha. It was a good and informative read, I was rather impressed with the quality of the book. Definitely not a fluff book done by a comedy so good job Aziz!

The Devil in the White City - Just started this a few days ago. I am about 80 pages in. I am so intrigued with the serial murder character and I am learning lots of new stuff that happened in the 1890s which is always fun. 

love, Carlee

See all the books I’ve read this year here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee