Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Hidden creek

Isn't it just the best when you find hidden little gem right in your neighborhood? We discovered this place when we were trying to find a faster walking route to Dairy Queen... now you know where my priorities are at. Anyways this hidden creek is actually a man made drain system for storm run off. And it just seems like a little hidden oasis between a bunch of buildings and the road. 
Can we talk about Memorial Day weekend for a minute. We had the best time! On Friday, we went over to our friends house and had dinner with them. On Saturday, we headed to another friends house for a fun filled BBQ. We ate pulled pork sandwiches, played Just Dance, had fun on the lake, tried to catch turtles with the kids (unsuccessful.) I also ate my weight in brownies. Then on Sunday, we headed to the lake to have a cook out with more people. Unfortunately, the lake was closed but we ate hamburgers and hotdogs and played beach volleyball. My team won, so basically it was a great day. 
Then on Monday, we just enjoyed our peace and quiet. In the morning, I convinced Clark to go on a 6 mile walk with me. The 10K I am doing is 2 weeks away and I wanted to mentally prepare for how long the distance is. We also laid by the pool and enjoyed a nice homemade dinner. Clark left for Virginia today. He is there doing some military training/classes and Knox and I are just chilling at home. Happy Tuesday. 
love, Carlee
Shirt: Gap
Shorts: Target
Shoes: DSW
Jacket that I'm holding: Marshalls

1 comment:

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee