Thursday, September 18, 2014

Homemade meatball italian subs

I am pretty sure I started craving homemade meatball italian sandwiches after watching all the episodes of Gordon Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares on Netflix. Whenever a place didn’t make homemade meatballs Chef Ramsay would be so pissed! He would say it was the easiest thing to make so I figured if Chef Ramsay said it was easy then I could give it a try. And Clark was totally on board and now he has requested them again and again so I’ll probably be making them sometime this week.
You’ll need
1/3 cup bread crumbs (the really small crumbs not the stuffing)
1 lb ground beef
1/8 cup really finely chopped onions
salt and pepper
1 egg
1/8 cup milk
1 tablespoon ketchup
Mozzarella cheese
olive oil
2 hoagie rolls
garlic salt
1 cup spagetti sauce
Directions
1. Set oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix in a large mixing bowl beef, onion, salt, pepper, egg, bread crumbs, and ketchup.
3. Shape into balls should make 7-9.
4. Bake in a pan for 20-25 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
5. With 5 minutes left start warming the spaghetti sauce over medium heat.
6. Brush small amount of olive oil on sliced hoagie rolls and sprinkle with garlic salt.
7. Put hoagies in oven for 5 minutes.
8. While hoagies are in the oven place the meatballs in the spaghetti sauce.
9. Smash down the inside of the hoagies so the meatballs fit better. 
10. Place the meatballs on the hoagies about 3 per sandwich top with a little mozzarella cheese.

These turned out so good and are pretty simple and easy to do. 
love, Carlee

1 comment:

  1. This looks soooo yummy!! I've never had a meatball sub before... I guess I need to try one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee