Monday, October 20, 2014

Hoover Dam

Happy Monday everyone! If you follow me on instagram you will already know that Clark and I went to Las Vegas, Nevada for three days this past weekend. We left of Thursday and got back late last night. My family from Washington State met up with us there and it was just a really fun vacation. Our flight got into Las Vegas 4 hours before the rest of my family so we thought we should take advantage of that time and go to Hoover Dam. I had never been and since it was only 30 miles from Vegas and the rental car only cost $35 we thought why not. I got to say I am so glad we went. 
After the airport shuttle dropped us off at the rental car place we headed toward Hoover Dam but of course had to stop at In-N-Out because no trip to the west coast is complete without it. It took us about 40 minutes to drive to the Hoover Dam. We actually drove across the dam and parked on the Arizona side. If you do this parking is FREE so I recommend this. Also I had never been to the state of Arizona before so other state checked off my list. 
We didn’t go on a tour or anything. We were trying to save most of our money for Vegas. (and everything is so expensive there as it is) So we just walked on top of the dam, read the signs, and took lots of photos. Honestly, photos don’t even do it justice, like at all. It was so big. At one point Clark said “can we get of the dam, my feet are going numb from looking down and worrying about falling.” haha

Another thing I enjoyed was the drive to Hoover Dam. Seeing some mountains and even the dryness of the desert was nice. Having a change of every once in a while is really exciting. After the Hoover Dam we headed back toward Vegas to meet up with my family! 
love, Carlee
Tank: Marshalls
Leggings: Nike
Converse: Nordstrom Rack
Bag: Target
(These are my airport traveling clothes) 

1 comment:

  1. considering how often i go to vegas, i never thought about going here.
    ill look in to it! because this looks like so much fun! (:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee