Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Savannah GA - Day 2

Our second day in Savannah was Saturday which was our first full day in Savannah. I really wanted to head out to see Fort Pulaski and Tybee Island on Saturday. I saw on the map where Fort Pulaski was but I googled it for directions and just to note the directions are not correct on Google Maps haha it leads you to a housing cult-de-sac. Just follow highway 80 out toward Tybee Island and you will see signs for Fort Pulaski. Easy peasy! We got to the fort about 1040am and it was perfect timing because there was a Civil War canon firing at 11am. I have always wanted to see a Civil War reenactment or demonstration and we finally got to. You do have to pay to get into the fort but since Clark is military it is free to get into any national monument or park which is amazing.
The Civil War demonstration was awesome. They had drummers and everything and they were wearing wool uniforms like the union soldiers would have been wearing back in the 1800s. We also got to learn more about the fort while the park rangers were talking about how it was under attack and the union soldiers took the fort in 30 hours. After the demonstration we walked around the fort more and we even saw Cockspur Island Light from the top of the fort which was cool. Then we drove the 2 more miles to Tybee Island and spent some time there (a whole post on that tomorrow.)
After Tybee Island we went back to our hotel and parked our car. We knew we had to go to Leopold's Ice Cream it is suppose to be the 5th most famous ice cream shop in the world which is insane because I love ice cream my mom even texted me and wanted to make sure I went haha. So we walked to Leopold's around 230pm and the line was a little long (out the door haha) but I am sure it is way worse sometimes and we knew we had to have it so we got some ice cream! It was SO GOOD. I got the Chocolate Chewies and Cream and Mocha in a waffle cone. And Clark got Peanut Butter Chip and Banana. Then we walked to the nearest square which was just around the corner and ate the ice cream. After that we walked down to river street again and went on the free tug boat ferry ride which goes across the river and back in a triangle! It was pretty cool to see Savannah from across the river and also it was free so you can't beat that. We walked around more and listen to music then around 5pm we walked to Tequila's Town which is a Mexican Restaurant and it has such good reviews we knew we had to try it. It was really great. Then we walked back to our hotel (so much walking) my fitbit steps were looking great haha!

We ended up relaxing at the hotel for a while and getting those free cookies they put out at 7pm. haha then going out for a little nightlife fun. We checkout out the bar saddlebags and wanted to go to the dueling piano bar but didn't want to pay the cover haha. It was a great second day in Savannah!
love, Carlee
Leggings & Cardigan & Hat: American Eagle
Scarf: Nordstrom Rack
Shoes: Nike
Shirt: Old Navy

1 comment:

  1. i was just about to tell you that you should get a fitbit!!!!! since you walk everywhere!
    ive had mine almost a year and im hooked! i ALWAYS wear it. i remember that before i remember my glasses -_-

    lets be friends on there! im under my email. look me up! (:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee