Thursday, February 25, 2016

Goals revisited: 23 before 24

Clark took this photo of me at Christmas time at his mom's house. We were all laying around watching xmas movies and I fell asleep haha. Thought it would be the perfect photo to go with my goals post ;) 

1. Get my dog to do the trick where a treat sits on his nose until I say he can have it. Like this.
Totally got him to do this about a month into 2015. Now he can even do it longer and longer. A few times he has done it where he actually flips it and catches it from his nose. It is awesome. I don't know how to get him to do it every time though. Working on it. 

2. Take photos of the wisteria this spring and an outfit post with it as the background. Here
I did take photos of the wisteria in the spring but I didn't really take outfit photos maybe this year! 

3. Do a 5K or 10K.

This is one of those goals that I didn't accomplish this year! I signed up for one in May but it got canceled but I got my money back. But this one is all on me. I should have signed up for another one but I didn't. I guess it wasn't a top priority. 

4. Go home to Washington State and visit my family. Watch my little brothers play bball, eat at the taco wagon, see old best friends.
I got to do all these things when I went home in March. I loved it. 

5. Fly somewhere new. (TRAVEL!) View my St. Croix travel guide here!
We went to St. Croix in the Caribbean and it was amazing. It was our first time in the Caribbean and to the Virgin Islands. I would definitely recommend St. Croix its awesome. 

6. Get my passport updated with new last name Here.
Yep. It was about time I did this. After 2 years of being married. 

7. Have a certain dollar amount in my business bank account at the end of 2015. (It’s a secret. You wouldn’t understand. Jk. But I have it written down, it’s a personal goal.)

Yep. I was actually nervous about this because in November I bought a new computer for my business and as you might know computers take up a chuck of change but December was a really good month business wise so I ended up with my goal by the end of the year. But it was really down to the wire. 

8. Logo Redesign/Blog and Shop makeover. Yep

I did make over my Etsy shop and blog but I still haven't updated my website. Which is horrible. It is in Wordpress and I am totally not used to it so every time I go to update I have to relearn everything and it takes a long time. But I just need to do it. A new goal for 2016. 

9. Visit 2 new State Parks in North Carolina (One of my long term goals is to visit all the NC state parks while we are stationed here) Eno RiverWeymouth Woods

Totally did this and it was awesome! I try to explore as much as possible and I always look for new State Parks to discover because I figured if the state is wanting to preserve these places then there must be something worth while and there usually is. 

10. Visit my friend in Mississippi or Texas (she’ll be in both places) while she is at military training. This did happen and isn’t going too. :( 


11. Go to Washington DC. Yes- video here 

Clark and I went to DC over Memorial Day for 4 days. It was great. He got to explore so much and it was Clark's first time in DC and my second. We loved the zoo and riding bikes around the National Mall. I also loved the Thomas Jefferson Memorial. 

12. Make homemade biscuits and stew. Yep
Yes, not much to say about this. 

13. Get bangs (maybe.....) YEP, FINALLY DID IT
Totally did this in October and I loved them for a good 3 months. I still love them. But I am in the process of growing them out. I am not sure if I want to grow them 100% but I am seeing how long it takes to grow them out and fit them into my pony tail haha. It's experiment so we will see. 

14. 52 weeks of flowers on my littlesloth_ instagram. Look up hashtag #littleslothflowers
Didn't finish this. 

15. Design 12 new mugs for 2015. One each month or there about.Check out all my mugs
Yep and I hope to have 6 new mug designs in 2016 by July. So about 1 a month again. 

16. Have 4 different product in Little Sloth. Write now I have greeting cards and mugs, so have 2 more.
I didn't do this. I still only had greeting cards and mugs by the end of the year. But that's okay. I am planning on adding a new product in March. 

17. Have 1,000 followers on my business instagram  (littlesloth_)

Yes currently at 1200. I probably could be at more but I have not been posting regularly the last couple of months so I really need to get on that. 

18. Make DIY pet felt ornaments. Here.

Yes! It was my favorite DIY I have ever done and all my family loved them. I gave them to everyone for Christmas and it was the best thing ever! I am pretty sure they all thought so too so that is good. 

19. Finish a paint-by-number. Here
Yes. I think I actually ended up doing 4-5 paint-by-numbers. 

20. Complete scrapbook Down on Paper Project for the year of 2015.
Finished this up. I got a few weeks behind at points but I did finish. I didn't end up sharing all my pages on here because well I got behind and also it wasn't kind of boring to share scrapbooking pages on the blog. But the scrapbook is something I will totally love for years and years to come. I wasn't planning on doing on for 2016 but I knew I had to because I loved it so much. But instead of 8 pages a month like 2015, I am gonna do 4 pages a month in 2016. 

21. Have 4,000 sales in my Etsy shop this time next year.
Yes. I accomplished this in January of 2016 so just a month before my year was up. I am also lucky because December was a really good month for business. 

22. Get organized with Little Sloth. Stock cards and mugs. Get packaging ready before hand. Just be better organized business wise.

Yes I did pretty good on this one. I bought two new shelving units from Ikea and printed lots of stock. I have fallen behind on this recently but still better than I was. 

23. Go to a baseball game.  Post here

yep. 

So out of 23 goals for my 23rd year on earth. I got all of them accomplished except 4 so that is pretty good. I will be sharing my 24 before 25 next week! 
love, Carlee 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee