Friday, October 18, 2013

Linn Cove Viaduct

One of my favorite spots of the Blue Ridge Parkway trip was the Linn Cove Viaduct area. We actually stopped a little bit before the viaduct so we could see it in the distance. There was a ton of people a long this stretch of the road, but who can blame them it was the weekend and the fall leaves were gorgeous!
I kept telling Clark I just wanted a photo by the red and orange trees. We made it happen. The speed limit of the Parkway was 45 mpg the entire time but most of the time we went a lot slower then that and we almost stopped at every overlook. Some overlooks were awesome and some were just so so. There was only one area that was closed down because of the government shutdown so that was good. We stopped at it anyways and hike in passed the barriers to see what all the hype was about. There was people riding horses and picnicking. It is probably pretty cool when open and running. 
This was probably the best place to see the foliage and the awesome fall colors. I kept getting giddy like a little kid about the changing leaves and Clark thought I was nuts ha. Oh well. Right after Linn Cove Viaduct we headed toward Grandfather Mountain. I will be posting on that tomorrow because I have a ton of photos from that! 
love, Carlee
Pants & Tank: Marshalls
Coat: Target
Scarf: old
Socks: H&M 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee