Friday, November 1, 2013

Old Salem

Old Salem is located in Winston-Salem, we headed downtown to check it out after we went to Hanging Rock. Yep, I skipped this post on accident. I can't believe I still have a post from our trip. I guess we saw and did lots of things and I want to share them all with you on here. So that is a good thing.
Old Salem is a historic district of Winston-Salem, NC. It features a living history museum that interprets the restored Moravian community. The non-profit organization began its work in 1950, although some private residents had restored buildings earlier. As the Old Salem Historic District, it was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1966. The district showcases the culture of the Moravian settlement in North Carolina during the 18th and 19th centuries, communal buildings, churches, houses, and shops. (All according to Wikipedia) 
We got there after the visitiors center and musuem was closes but that was okay because we had a fun time exploring the grounds. There were other people walking around and exploring as well. I guess sometimes people actually run some of the shop in the old buildings like the bakery. This was our last stop in Winston-Salem before we headed out toward the Blue Ridge Parkway. I am glad I am done with our trip post. Not that I didn't love our trip. I'm just really looking forward to future plans and trips and goals. 

How was everyone else's Halloween? Clark and I stayed in and watched a scary movie while handing out candy for trick or treaters. We only had 11 though. This is our first year being married/living together/being able to have trick or treaters so we don't know if that was good or bad. Hopefully next year it will be better. I know it could have been worse. 
love, Carlee
Purse & Shirt: Target
Boots: Cathy Jean
Jeans: Macys
Scarf: old

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful and charming place!! Plus, I adore your outfit. Perfect for a day of exploring!! Happiest Friday!

    xo
    By The Shore, a life + style blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee