Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Lake Wheeler

Okay, these are some of my favorite photos ever. They are taken with my iPhone on a great day. Like I stated in my last post we headed up toward Raleigh last Saturday to check out Yates Mill. Once we got to Yates Mill we noticed that Knox couldn't get out of the car because it was a nature preserve so only service animals were allowed. So instead of staying we headed back to Lake Wheeler which we had passed a couple miles back. I wanted to make sure that Knox got out and got some play time.
We stopped at the lake and it was such a beautiful day. There were a few different areas that one could stop at. There was people fishing on the shore and there were even houses along the lake. The area that we stopped at had a lot of people and seemed to be the main recreational area. There were families picnicing, fishing, boating, feeding geese, playing with their dogs, playing on a jungle gym. We headed down to the lake shore and threw sticks in the water for Knox. Not very fare, of course, because he isn't too sure about the water yet. 
It was really a great trip and even though my big plans don't always work out the detour plans are pretty good as well. And I realized sometimes it is okay not to have the big DSLR camera with me all the time because the best camera is the one you have with you. Have a great Wednesday. 6 days until my mom comes to visit. #imexcited
love, Carlee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee