Monday, February 24, 2014

Yates Mill

This past weekend we took a day drive up to Yates Mill just below Raleigh NC. I had seen this photo and realized it wasn't to far away from Fayetteville and thought a fun day drive would be awesome. There were also trails around the pound and beyond that we could take Knox on. Well... come to find out once we arrived that since this is a Nature Preserve animals weren't allowed even on a leash. :( Since we had driven about 40 miles to see what this place was about I at least wanted to check out the mill. So Clark and I took a very short walk to the mill only to find out it was gated off and closed to construction. Ahhhhhh what a bust!
I took some photos anyways and was very disappointed. Clark says we will go back during the summer when it is open to check it out. So we got back in the car after about 10 minutes and headed 2 miles down the road to Lake Wheeler (I am gonna post a few photos tomorrow) and Knox got to play and run around. There were people having picnics, fishing, and going for paddle boat rides it was nice.
It seems the last couple of adventures Clark and I have gone on lately have been rather uneventful and not in a good way. For Valentine's Day we headed up to Raleigh, I wanted to check out the Farmer's Market which I have heard rave reviews about but it was rather non existent and really few vendors because of snow that has happened a few days before. I then set my sights on checking out a State Park which was near our hotel and that was also closed. So instead we ate a nice dinner and spent the rest of the evening walking around the mall. I am hoping that my next few adventures are a total win and hopefully with spring coming everything will reopen and resume as normal. Happy Monday.
love, Carlee
Jacket & Scarf: Marshalls
Pants: Old Navy
Tank & Bag: Target
Boots: Cathy Jean (Seattle WA)
Sunglasses: gift

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee